Sunday 4 September 2016

WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL - 4TH SEPTEMBER

THE UNKNOWN

Every day most of us wake up, get out of the house and go about our business fully trusting that God will take care of us like he always does. Many of us don't even remember to pray every morning before we leave the house. We clearly have faith that all will go well. Now what happens when things go badly during the day, and you suddenly find yourself in a difficult situation that you haven't experienced before? Welcome to the unknown!! 

Guess what. Nothing catches God by surprise. Look at the verses below.

Psalm139:16 "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before it had passed." (NLT)

Psalm 37:23-24 "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." (NLT)

These verses reassure us that God can handle whatever happens to us. It may seem very hard, confusing and stressful to go through trials and difficulties that you are not prepared for, but God will be right there all through. After all, he knows every detail of your life. He created you, remember?

Let me share one of my favourite verses to encourage you as you start the week.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Have an awesome week!


2 comments:

  1. Great great reflection. I love this verse: for I know the plans I hv for you........

    ReplyDelete